Title: Technical Writer
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
Our client, a renowned video game franchise is looking for a strong, versatile technical writer that is passionate about technology and video games.
Your primary responsibility will be:
- Documenting the tools, workflows and pipelines for our client's game development team
- You will be responsible for delivering and organizing high-quality technical content to the team in written form, video tutorials and other formats as needed.
- In this role you will create a common look and feel for all documentation, within our client's Confluence environment, regarding our client's game development processes and best practices across multiple topics.
- You will need to think in creative, critical, and innovative ways about content formats, to think strategically about documentation problems, searchability, and to take the initiative to prototype new ideas.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills will be needed to work closely with developers, program managers, and artists.
- Create documentation for our client's tools and workflows for the end users (Artists/Designers/Project Managers/Engineers/etc.)
- Craft and organize documentation that enables end users to learn efficiently
- Create tutorials (video and written) for our client's tools and workflows for on boarding of new members
- Create and apply common standards for all documentation
- Help organize other documentation within the studio on Confluence.
- Ensure the documentation is organized and discoverable within Confluence and other documentation frameworks
- Aid in the transfer of tribal knowledge to shared knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience in creating software documentation for a technical audience
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Demonstrate a clear process for developing written documentation
- Strong focus on delivering for the customer
- Experience creating training modules, videos and tutorials strongly desired
- Ability to learn new applications, tools, technologies, and processes quickly and independently
- Recent and relevant work experience within the games/tech industry
- Confluence experience strongly preferred but will consider other documentation tools
For consideration please email your resume in MS word format to Eileen@ifgpr.com with "Technical Writer" in the subject line.