Looking for a Senior Accountant to assist with day-to-day accounting department functions, including, but not limited to: journal entry preparation; account reconciliations; month-end close; consolidations; monthly analytics of operating results; budgeting; forecasting; and external audit support. In addition, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting support and oversight to various operating locations to include monitoring and analysis of location specific balance sheets and income statements.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant
- Prepares monthly journal entries and supporting schedules, covering the accounting for all aspects of their financial statements.
- Monitor and account for capital project additions, including spend vs. budget, related asset disposals, and related depreciation.
- Maintains general ledger account reconciliations.
- Investigates actual to budget variances and provides explanations.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting schedules and disclosures for internal and external reporting.
- Prepares and processes monthly billings (customer invoices) in accordance with both contractual terms and US GAAP revenue recognition standards.
- Prepares and processes monthly commission calculations in accordance with contact terms.
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Supports facility and department managers, and external audits.
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA a plus.
- At least 6 years of progressive accounting experience. Experience working in publicly traded, healthcare, or retail companies a plus.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP required.
- Technical acumen and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with accounting software, MS Word, and MS Excel.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.