Pay Rate: $32
Location: New York NY
Job Type: Contract
Reinsurance Analyst (Contract to Hire)
- Handles all checking, validating and processing of all premium bordereaux risks.
- Responsible for updating subscribe for premium and claim payments related to the treaty ProRata business.
- Tracks remittance advices and statements due from brokers and follows up with brokers as needed.
- Reviews remittance advices for reasonableness based on contractual terms and follows up with brokers/cedants as applicable for clarification and revision as needed.
- Chases cedants for latest statement of accounts where one hasn’t been received for a while.
- Processes Premium and claims
- Processes reinstatement premiums
- Reviews AmEx card statements and coordinates with AP/treasury for booking and payment
Education and Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages to an intermediate level for Excel is a must.
- Bachelors in Accounting (or 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience)
- Experience in insurance/reinsurance preferredBachelor's degree or higher in Accounting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels both within and outside the organization