Looking for a Payroll Supervisor to oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Assists with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new staff in the department. Provides discipline, performance feedback and terminates employees when necessary in accordance with company policy.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Processes payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions as a backup for other staff members.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and pay rate changes.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Five years of experience in payroll processing required with two years in a supervisory or management role.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Extensive knowledge of prevailing wage, union payrolls, and multi-state payrolls.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, supervisory, and leadership skills.
- Proficient with payroll software.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.