Seeking a hand’s-on Accountant to step in and support the processing of general ledger accounting transactions, reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end closing. Accountant will also oversee and monitor the revenue cycle. is performed timely and accurately. Interested candidates should have at least 5 years of overall general accounting and financial reporting experience in the non-profit industry. Medicaid billing knowledge is preferred.
Requirements of the Accountant
- Assists the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department.
- Classifies, records, verifies, and analyzes financial data, maintaining accurate financial records, and reporting financial results.
- Prepares, uploads and processes payroll data and other files into the accounting system.
- Performs the processing of journal entries, accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries.
- Maintains fixed asset accounting system.
- Performs general ledger balance sheet accounts analysis and reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of month end and year-end closing and financial reporting.
- Performs audits of reports and other information.
- Validates and processes participant enrollment and termination information for accounting and billing purposes.
- Provides information for the annual external financial audit as requested by Management
- Monitors the revenue cycle by analyzing and auditing various Medicare and Medicaid reports, conducts insurance verification, eligibility and coordination of benefits, processes program participant enrollment and termination through government systems, manages payment processing and reconciliation in the accounting system, and reviews and researches billing and payment adjustments.
- Calculates and submits nursing facility patient pay and private pay invoices and reconciles to various reports and payments, including membership, payment, coordination of benefits and prescription reports.
Requirements of the Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 5 years of overall general accounting and financial reporting experience in the non-profit industry.
- Is a team player/multi-tasker, and possess excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with accounting software, and advanced Excel skills.
International Financial Group helps with effective resume development, career coaching, and interview preparation to give you an edge in securing your next employment opportunity. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.