Our client, who is located in the heart downtown Chicago, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Revenue and Receivables team in the Finance organization. As a Senior Accountant, you will have a large focus on revenue accounting working collaboratively with multiple departments to understand, assess, and improve revenue and receivable processes. Therefore having experience around revenue recognition/ASC 606 is a plus. Having experience with direct reports is also preferred.
• Review and manage month-end revenue accruals, monthly revenue reports, and account reconciliations.
• Research and resolve day-to-day revenue accounting issues and assist with the resolution of significant or complex transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP.
• Coordinate with auditors to assist in quarterly and year-end audit procedures, including audit requests.
• Assist in the client invoicing process to ensure quality service, from invoicing through cash collection, for both internal and external customers.
• Manage day-to-day quote-to-cash activities, including end-to-end processes for asset-based contracts.
• Support the FP&A team to ensure complete and accurate revenue forecasts.
• Responsible for quarterly financial reporting activities related to deferred revenue and asset-based products.
• Conduct process reviews, perform internal controls testing, remediate control deficiencies and proactively assess changes/improvements to the overall control environment.
• Assist with the supervision of staff; provide developmental feedback and growth opportunities; delegate tasks and ensure sufficient cross-training of key responsibilities
• 5+ years of experience in public accounting or related position with focus on revenue and/or audit processes.
• Familiarity in applying revenue recognition principals related to software, service contracts, and multiple element deliverables.
• Experience with SalesForce.com, Blackline, Tableau, or other accounting/cash management software preferred.
• A CPA or other accounting certifications required.