Our downtown headquartered, public accounting firm is targeting a difference maker for their tax group. The position has flexibility to be a Manager or Senior Manager, based on the level of experience the individual is bringing to the organization. Previous experience managing staff is required. They are also looking for experience in 1040's, 990's, S and C corps.
Senior Tax Manager
Essential Job Functions:
• Review returns prepared by tax staff
• Research and propose resolution to technical tax matters
• Complete tax returns timely in a deadline oriented environment
• Complete income tax projections and quarterly estimates
• Mentor and develop the technical and professional skills of tax staff, perform reviews, and run the hiring process
• Participate in governmental tax examinations; represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
Desired and Required Qualifications:
• At least 10+ years of tax experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
• CPA license required
• MST or JD with Tax Emphasis highly preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office in particular Excel and Word, CCH Axcess, tax-planning software and cloud-based tax research software required
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org