Seeking a highly analytical and accurate Derivatives Accounting Analyst with a strong attention to detail to ensure that derivative transactions are properly accounted for and reported in the organization’s financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
Responsibilities of the Derivatives Accounting Analyst
- Collaborates cross-functionally to review derivative transactions for proper accounting treatment.
- Reviews and approves all derivative transactions and documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures derivative transactions are entered into financial systems properly.
- Reconciles data between source systems and derivative accounting systems as part of the month-end close process.
- Generates derivative accounting related journal entries and reviews monthly gain/loss reporting for reasonableness.
- Prepares financial statement footnote disclosures and related regulatory reports.
- Works on special projects related to financial instrument accounting.
- Assists in implementing current and future accounting literature as it relates to derivatives and other financial instruments.
- Maintains Accounting Department derivative accounting procedures and documentation.
Requirements of the Derivatives Accounting Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 7 years of accounting experience. Must have a strong understanding of complex financial instruments and proper accounting treatment.
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with ERP systems and BI tools. Must possess advanced Excel skills.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.