Fast paced, family-oriented company, with a strong focus on personalized customer service, is looking for a highly focused, analytical, and detailed Manager of Credit & Collections to lead the credit and collection management functions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who requires minimal direction, possesses at least 10+ years of commercial credit and collections experience, and the proven ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Credit & Collections
- Lead and support a team of analysts that evaluate customer credit worthiness, monitor accounts receivable balances, and perform necessary collection efforts on aging accounts receivable balances. Ensuring:
- Credit reviews incorporate detailed analysis of customer financial statements, ratio analysis, and review of third-party credit-rating sources.
- Team sets appropriate credit limits and terms of sale for customers.
- Team implements electronic funds transfer for new customers and convert hard copy check paying customers to ACH.
- Team cures credit limit infractions timely and properly, mitigates risk, and minimizes bad debt exposure.
- Team obtains additional security in the form of L/C’s, personal, parental & cross corporate guarantees when necessary.
- Team is compliant with financial and credit policies of the company.
- Manage credit line and mark to market exposures by tracking financial and payment performance for customer portfolio.
- Create and distribute credit and collection related reports to senior management.
- Maintain delinquency & bad debt levels to historical standards.
- Interface with the Sale department and other areas of the company to ensure effectiveness of credit and collection processes, concerns, and issues.
- Assist customers in resolving questions, issues, and disputes.
- Participate in and work on special projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
Requirements of the Manager of Credit & Collections
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 10 years of commercial credit and collections experience focusing on financial and ratio analysis.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.