Senior Staff Auditor
Our public accounting firm client offers the challenge of helicoptering into exciting situations, but the caring culture of a multiple generation family owned business. If you are looking for interesting work in a kind and caring atmosphere, this is the one. They provide comprehensive management advisory and strategic guidance for closely-held businesses. This firm has long-term clients and long-term employees armed with the latest research and cutting edge resources.
While the firm is based in Illinois, their clients have operations in a variety of states as well as internationally. Their client base is broadly diversified and includes companies in the following industries and disciplines: Construction, Retail, Healthcare, Service, Real Estate and Non-Profit.
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts workpapers from clients’ trial balance
- Researches accounting issues
- Recognizes potential problem areas in specific engagements and discusses them with engagement supervisor
- Participates in the engagement planning process
- Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Assumes full responsibility (under supervision) for preparation of compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Assists with more complicated segments of audit and accounting engagements
- Drafts financial statements, including footnote disclosures
- Becomes proficient at preparing financial statements using the firm’s software programs
- Trains/supervises staff auditors/accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; advanced degree preferred
- Three to five years of experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Well-rounded knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS); experience in the construction industry preferred
- Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and computer accounting software programs (QuickBooks, Viewpoint, Foundations)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Either holds a current and valid CPA license or is working toward obtaining the license
Excellent benefits package to include major medical, long and short-term disability, life insurance and 401(k) with company match. Salary and bonus are commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.