Position Title: Senior Information Security Consultant, Remediation & Support
Position Type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Senior Information Security Consultant, Remediation & Support. As a Senior Senior Information Security Consultant, Remediation & Support you will be responsible for come in at the ground level and build something incredible within Cyber Security. You will build an emerging Cyber Resilience Recommendations & Remediations capability within the bank, publish the novel processes and findings for your select peers in information security, and help our partner lines of business achieve real security effectiveness. As a Recommendations & Remediation Specialist you will be working with our Offensive Security and Advanced Threat Detection teams as well as threat intelligence, human behaviours, and security alerts to develop recommendations based on the activities and results from a variety inputs. In collaboration with your team, you will recommend and track improvements to the client’s overall security and control environments of high risk applications and services.
- Consulting –Your activities will be focused on improving and maturing the controls and security tools within the bank to better secure our business. Your ability to explain the importance and benefits of good security practices and consult with a wide variety of roles and lines of business across the bank will help accelerate our mandate to improve and mature our security posture. You will interact and experiment with a wide range of security technologies – both currently in use and in investigation – to understand and describe how they can be used to detect and stop threats.
- Coordination – You will be responsible for coordinating with the security assessment, response and intelligence teams to propose, plan and coordinate recommendations for assessed findings. In this role you will own and manage the recommendation/remediation function from beginning to end (assessment reporting intake – recommendation generation – socialisation with responsible teams – remediation closure).
- Attack Surface Reduction – You will be at the centre of helping Cyber Security Resilience reduce our Attack Surface. By accelerating the time to closure from security/control gap to improved capability/process you will be driving significant benefits in the reduction of our attack surface and overall security maturity. In order to be successful you will need to interface and collaborate with internal and external teams so you can propose, plan and close needed remediations. You will drive continuous improvement by engaging security teams and tracking recommendations from red teaming, threat hunting, table top exercises and other assessment activities.
- At least 5 years of overall Cyber Security and controls experience.
- 2-4 years of consulting and recommendation experience within a security operation or analysis function
- Certifications in Specific Red Teaming or Ethical Hacking such as CEH an asset
- Demonstrate experience in driving improvements and recommendation initiatives both within a security organization and across different lines of business
- An understanding of how to leverage it for enterprise defense. It’s an asset if you have familiarity with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity and hold one of the following OSCP, OSCE and CEH certifications.
- Give meaning to data
- Enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information
- Confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way
- Thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver timely results.
- Embrace and champion change
- Continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resumes in MS Word format to Toronto.email@example.com today!