Title: QA Analyst
Location: Downtown, Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
The QA Analyst will represent the player perspective in all bug and triage discussions. Assist with review of the bug database and propose demotion and promotion of bugs that are relevant to the impact on the player experience or product goals.
- Understand player patterns, using both data driven and anecdotal methods to be able to understand and communicate the desires of the audience and assist with pack designs
- Partner with both the BI team and the Community team to study and evaluate telemetry data, including purchase patterns, item usage, as well as forum feedback and player poll results that might assist in pack creation.
- Assist with the design features for post-launch releases
- Create new monetization opportunities
- Propose and execute on pack tuning designs, with clear thoughts to MTX offering, and balancing player satisfaction.
- Assist with the design for desirable content for post-launch releases, including characters, weapon skins, promotional partnership opportunities and multiplayer assetss.
- Work with BI to evaluate player purchase patterns and inform ongoing strategies to increase player engagement and pack design.
- Pitch features and content to stakeholders based on data or insight from the above two sections.
Tuning and balancing
- Understand and be able to change the tuning curves, logic and rules for all card systems and player progression. Anything that could impact the monetization patterns of players.
- Assist with the maintenance for playlist and map rotation that achieves a strong user experience and meets the goals of the Live team
- Collaborate with the community team to come up with compelling live events
Communicate the design
- Be able to express design in terms of the goals/hypothesis of the design and in addition the KPI’s to measure success.
- Work with the community team to ensure that new content and features are marketed and expressed in the most positive light. Provide all documentation and materials as needed.
- Own CMS data management required for each title and live production update.
- Participate in the design and planning, and own the implementation of the live production releases that require CMS updates.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of experience working within console based gaming, AAA experience is a bonus
- Strong understanding of bug and triage issues
- Excellent communications skills
For consideration please email your resume to Eileen@ifgpr.com with "QA Analyst" in the subject line.