As a Staff Accountant in General Accounting, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate presentation of the financial records, by providing accounting support and preparing analysis, journal entries, and account reconciliations as they relate to the Marketing department. In addition, this position makes recommendations for changes in accounting procedures, implements recommendations as directed and provides support to the General Accounting team.
What you’ll do
- Handle the monthly close responsibilities for the Marketing department.
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements or accounting changes to simplify or streamline the process and ensure accuracy in accounting.
- Assist business partners with more complex issues or functional areas requiring additional attention.
- Work with the stakeholders to gain an understanding of the area, determine the root cause of any issues identified, propose process improvements, and assist with the implementation of the process improvements.
- Prepare scorecards, ad-hoc reports, and analysis, as assigned by management, to key cross-functional areas.
- Create reporting metrics, present findings, and identify any business or process changes resulting from the analysis.
- Assist on projects designed to improve accounting efficiency or drive higher quality results.
- Manage the resources provided to ensure that the project goals are met on a timely basis.
- Create a final deliverable outlining the recommendations for improvement.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, specifically in monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close processes
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data mining skills
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts and processes (account reconciliations, A/P and A/R activities)
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Excellent project/time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SAP required
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.