Position Title: Manager of Cybersecurity Architecture & Strategy
Position Type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Manager of Cybersecurity Architecture & Strategy, as a Manager of Cybersecurity Architecture & Strategy, you will tackle the toughest security challenges head-on alongside the best minds in the industry? We’re on the lookout for an exceptional leader to take on end-to-end ownership of a team responsible for driving security technology and architecture solutions, evolve the secure-by-design strategy, and deliver measurable outcomes for our customers and business.
We live in a fast-paced digital world where protecting our information has become paramount. Our Security team always strives to stay steps ahead, spearheading new approaches in response to ever-evolving security challenges, by combining the strength of our talented team with cutting edge technologies. As part of a team over 350 innovators, you will lead pioneering security solutions across many emerging domains, including big data, cloud, wireless and wireline networks, and massive converged edge networks for our client and our Managed Security Solutions Practice (MSSP) customers.
As the Manager of Cybersecurity Architecture & Strategy, you are a transformative leader with an innate ability to motivate a high-performing architecture team through your strong communication and collaboration. On any given day, you will oversee security architectures across both network and application environments, provide strategic security guidance on new technology or service offerings being developed by engineering and IT application development teams, and support and develop your team. Your team will also have accountability for developing market-leading information security standards, architectures, and technical roadmaps.
In a nutshell, this is YOUR opportunity to make a lasting contribution by transforming the security posture of entire organizations with complex, mission-critical IT and network infrastructures.
- Proven skills as an effective leader will help build a high-performing team
- Lead strategy, roadmap and architectural design both internally and for the managed security customers
- Develop a robust security strategy framework and prepare business cases to secure funding for various security programs
- Maintain 0-5 year domain capabilities roadmaps for our wireless/wireline edge and core networks, identity and access management (IAM) platforms, enterprise systems, key applications, and data centre technologies
- Proactively plan and manage a capex/opex budget
- Conduct architecture reviews for “Crown Jewel” assets (i.e. both services/applications and infrastructure), including but not limited to Wireline Core/MPLS, Wireless Core, MPLS VPN, the Enterprise Network (TEN), Voice Core, Wired Access, Wireless Access, Voice Access, and our Super Internet Data Centres (SIDCs)
- Provide security architecture assessments and recommendations on complex internal projects, in collaboration with our Secure-by-Design consulting team
- Provide security architecture leadership for complex external projects, including for our business and government customers
- Develop, implement and maintain security standards and procedures, including application and infrastructure hardening guides and best common practices for key infrastructure
- You use a collaborative leadership approach to manage various stakeholder relationships
- Forge a strong relationship with the national Cybersecurity Development team to drive introduction of new platforms, capabilities and services to protect TELUS as “Client 0”
- Engage with the Complex Solutioning and Managed Security Solutions delivery teams to architect solutions that meet quality, resiliency, performance and Customers First mandates
- Own and manage relationships with strategic external partners, collaborating on advanced security programs
- Work with vendors to evaluate new capabilities via trials and Proof of Concepts
- Provide project coordination and management support, and ensure comprehensive and effective information communication across various functional and project teams
- Enable Technology Strategy and Business Transformation teams to build critical security systems and networks that meet high standards and maintain our innovative edge
- Work with our MSSP Product Management team on the introduction and lifecycle management of our managed security product portfolio
- University degree in Electrical/Software Engineering or Computer Science at minimum Master’s or higher technical degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering is highly desired
- Professional security certifications including CISSP, CISM, SANS, etc., will give you an edge
- Previous experience managing/leading teams of 6+ technical team members, with a successful track record of team engagement and performance
- Minimum of 5+ years of network/information security experience, enterprise IT experience and critical infrastructure/mission-critical industry experience (such as military/defense, utility, etc)
- IT and/or Architecture certifications (ITIL,TOGAF, etc) are preferred
- You must have/be able to obtain and maintain Secret Level clearance
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of architectural design and implementation methodologies including software, network and infrastructure
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, network and information security methods, standards, architectures, policies and procedures
- Strategist: Ability to develop concepts and technology roadmaps associated with changing operations and adapt to emerging threats
- Project manager: Ability to lead transformative multi-year programs following various project management methodologies such as waterfall and Scrum
- Big picture thinker: Strong analytical capability with excellent attention to detail
- Customer advocate: Strong customer focus and commitment to service excellence
- Expert communicator: Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of senior leadership
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resumes in MS Word format to Toronto.email@example.com today!