Title: Multiplayer Level Designer
Location: Downtown, Vancouver
Duration: 1 year with potential for extension up to 18 months
Our client is looking for a Multiplayer Level Designer to design multiplayer maps for their AAA game. Our ideal candidate possesses experience with multiplayer map design and the Unreal level creation tools. Candidates will also be expected to playtest their maps in the internal studio playtests and provide constructive feedback to other designers.
Most of all, we are looking for enthusiasm to learn, grow and create our client’s next multiplayer experience!
- Create in-engine prototypes of levels and gameplay ideas.
- Collaborate effectively and take the initiative to bring parties together to execute on the vision for the levels.
- Design execution of engaging multiplayer levels from concept to building and tuning.
- Playtesting and feedback, while collaborating with the rest of the design team.
- Fix bugs or issues with maps to ship them at a high level of quality.
- Work with the Level Design Lead to create metrics and standards for play.
- Share your creativity, knowledge and best practices with other level designers.
- Use the gameplay Intuitively smartly and find inspiring ways to make the game/level shine.
- Incorporate feedback from playtests and user research.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in video games.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or Architecture would be ideal.
- Must have experience with Unreal or Unity
- Familiarity with 3D level design tools (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor).
- A passion for multiplayer gaming.
- Some practical understanding of physical and architectural spaces
- Previous experience and interest with a gameplay scripting language or high-level programming language.
- Some artistic background, formal or otherwise, 2D or 3D, is a plus.
- Familiarity with the game development process.
- Work well under deadlines.
Please include a link to your portfolio that best demonstrates your range in design.
For consideration please send your resume in word format to email@example.com with "Multiplayer Level Designer" in the subject line.