Our client, a privately traded company located in downtown Calgary is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team on a 12-month contract. The successful candidate will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for financial reporting and hands-on accounting.
As the Senior Accountant:
- Prepare internal management reports and external financial statements
- Perform period close procedures including journal entries, working papers, and reconciliations
- Complete capital accounting calculations, reporting, and entries
The successful Senior Accountant will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in full-cycle accounting, experience with capital accounting would be considered a strong asset
- Intermediate Excel skills including advanced formulas, V-Lookups, and pivot tables
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit a MS Word copy of your resume in confidence to Twila Pointon at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Senior Financial Accountant".
For all other opportunities, please refer to ifg-global.com