Position: Corporate Accountant
Company: Health Care Industry
Location: Chicago (Downtown Loop)
The Corporate Accountant will be accountable for a broad range of accounting support to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely financial services to Corporate Office and affiliated companies.
Overview: Corporate Accounting, Financial Reporting, Auditing and Analysis
- Assists in the facilitation of timely delivery of supporting documentation for audit engagements and assists in the drafting of annual financial statements for various entities
- Delivers accurate and timely recording and reporting of monthly financial results
- Performs aggregation, analysis, and presentation of financial data for various internal and external purposes
- Performs additional services for and with internal business partners, as needed, to meet evolving business needs.
- Facilitates the delivery of client schedules and audit test support. Creates new audit schedules or modifies existing schedules.
- Contributes to audit planning with Company personnel and external accounting firms to establish an organized audit approach, maximize Company and vendor resources, and ensure agreed upon timelines are met.
- Facilitates cross-functional team accountability for completing requested audit schedules and analyses
- Provides external financial reporting and financial services including support for monthly accounting close.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements for Company entities including but not limited to Company Corporate, Company Foundation on HealthCare, Health Services Foundation, Company Health & Life Insurance Program, Company 401k Program, and Company Institute, Inc.
- Supports the accounting close and financial reporting cycles by completing various activities including but not limited to manual journal entry preparation and review, account reconciliation preparation and review, monthly allocation process, monthly cleanup process, and voucher review.
- Performs monthly financial accounting analyses and prepares various financial reports for assigned Business Units and Company.
- Assists in establishing routines and/or procedures to perform monthly accounting analysis and reporting.
Accounting Policy and Internal Control
- Ensures accounting policies, procedures, and methodology are consistent with current accounting pronouncements and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Contributes to the maintenance of effective systems of internal controls, including assisting in the development of financial policies and procedures, and the maintenance of account reconciliations and process narratives.
- Evaluates and responds to questions and issues regarding compliance with established Company policies and procedures to ensure internal customers comply with policies and procedures.
- Participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and reporting requirements to ensure Company and related entity methodologies are consistent with current US GAAP.
- Stays abreast of developments and changes in accounting or regulatory policy and procedures and their potential impact.
Subject Matter Expert: Provide guidance/clarification to internal parties regarding the nature, extent and purpose of select audit procedures.
Internal Process Improvement: Assist in development and implementation of process improvements in the areas of journal entries, review and presentation of financial results and other general accounting activities.
Technical Research: Assist in performing technical research as needed relating to new accounting pronouncements, interpretations and codification.
- Certified Public Accountant (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of combined accounting and audit responsibilities, including 2+ years in a lead or assistant audit lead role and/or 2+ years in preparation and/or review of financial statements
- Prioritization skills: Can effectively prioritize multiple and often inflexible deadlines
- Communication skills: Able to adapt communication styles to interact with a variety of internal and external customers. Capable of effectively communicating discussion/meeting topic points, action items/deliverables, conclusions and/or recommendations
- Ability to anticipate financial information needs and offer recommendations to accommodate those needs
- Aptitude to support preparation of intercompany activity reconciliation and related parent-subsidiary financial statements
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.