Our client, a $3B+ global company located downtown Chicago by Millennium Park, is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This is a highly visible role with frequent exposure to C-Suite and business unit controllers. The company's growth strategy includes M&A, and leadership is looking to the Controllers team to be effective business partners during the growth. As a result, this is a newly created role to lead the month-end close process and reporting as well as serve a key partner to the business.
Here are some additional details on the opportunity:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – $100-115K base + 15% bonus + 5% equity, $ for $ 401K match up to 5%, summer hours, competitive benefit plan
- Culture - dynamic and fast-paced environment that rewards individual contribution in a strong team setting
- Growth opportunities - company does a great job of promoting high-performing talent (i.e. we placed an Accounting Manager who was promoted to a Senior Manager and then a Director and is now the Treasurer; we placed an Accountant who was promoted to a Senior Accountant and is now a BU Controller)
- Location, location, location - right off the lake by Millennium Park!
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and be part of the Corporate Controllers Group team. The role will be responsible for leading a seamless month-end close process and reporting and serving as a main accounting and finance business partner to the 6 business units and manufacturing plants.
Monthly Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Interact with corporate functions to support the corporate entity month-end close process
- Interact with business units to assist in the month-end consolidation process
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidated results package for senior management
- Troubleshoot problems and effectively communicate with business units to resolve accounting or reporting issues
- Complete month-end close process with other standard financial control-related activities
Quarterly / Annual Reporting and Forecasting
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements and footnotes
- Assist with the preparation of various technical accounting analyses and disclosures
- Work with the corporate Manager of FP&A (financial planning & analysis) to assist with the preparation of the quarterly forecast and annual plan for the corporate entity as well as the compilation of the consolidated forecast and plan across the operating business units
- Assist with the preparation of CFO and Controller presentations
Special Projects / Miscellaneous
- Review capital project requests, joint venture requests, and lease agreements submitted by operating business units for corporate approval
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc reporting from senior management as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years in public accounting or accounting for a large global company
- Experience in month-end close, reporting and controls
- Advanced Excel
- ERP experience (i.e. Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- MBA or CPA highly preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate review and consideration!