Looking for a critical thinking, highly analytical Internal Auditor to provide objective and professional evaluations of internal control systems, and to recommend and advise on improvements in control systems for the company’s operating locations and key processes. This position requires travel up to 50% domestically and internationally but offers extensive exposure to corporate and business unit’s financial philosophies and practices, as well as superb career development for highly motivated individuals. Interested candidates will possess at least 5 years' experience to include a combination of Big 4 public accounting, internal audit, or corporate finance and accounting. Preference will be given to those possessing public accounting and publicly held manufacturing company experience.
Responsibilities of the Internal Auditor
- Participating on cross-functional teams (People, Process, Data Analytics, and Risk) to evaluate the internal controls of business processes for the company’s operating locations and key processes.
- Collaborating with a team of auditors on assigned engagements to perform testing, documentation, and analysis.
- Using technology to mine and analyze large data sets.
- Effectively discussing key audit issues with management and providing recommendations to location and executive management on improving the control environment and increasing operational efficiencies.
- Providing internal consulting to address management requests.
- Developing ideas and transferring knowledge company-wide through best practice sharing, process improvements, and contributing to department, business unit and company performance.
- Coaching and supervising third-party professional used to perform special projects and scope of work.
- Assisting external auditors with SOX audits.
Requirements of the Internal Auditor
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- At least 5 years' work experience to include a combination of Big 4 public accounting, internal audit, or corporate finance and accounting. Preference will be given to those possessing public accounting and publicly held manufacturing company experience.
- Prior exposure to various business functions, like: inventory, procurement, financial analysis, and account reconciliations.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and execute audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and project management skills. Strong business acumen, decision-making, analytical and critical-thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to work effective with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Prior experience with data extraction tools, script writing or querying languages; as well as integrating data analytical techniques into the audit process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Visio a plus.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.