Develops, implements and coordinates policies and programs in the areas of employment, benefits, salary administration, recruiting and retention, employee relations and staff training. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations governing the employment process. Responsible for all Human Resources services to internal staff and external members. Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of HR systems. Supervises Benefit Administrator and Human Resources Assistant.
- Overall responsibility for the Human Resources function including: benefits, salary administration, recruiting and retention, performance management, employee relations, staff training, HR planning, ERISA compliance and EEO compliance.
- Leads salary administration including budgeting, job evaluations, market pricing and performance management programs. ·
- Leads employee benefits programs including the design and implementation of new programs.
- Ensures government compliance. ·
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to review and change employee benefits as necessary to remain competitive. ·
- Leads employee relations and activities. ·
- Directs employee recruitment and employment programs. ·
- Directs employee orientation and record keeping programs. ·
- Development and administration of Human Resources policies and procedures. ·
- Directs the employee training and development functions. ·
- Member services - oversees coordination of annual compensation salary surveys and APCIA Human Resources conference planning. ·
- Manages Human Resources staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business or field related to human resources. ·
- Master's degree preferred. ·
- 5-8 years of broad Human Resource and management experience necessary. ·
- Leadership ability to serve as the HR consultant to internal and external stakeholders. ·
- Experience in design, development, implementation and maintenance of compensation and benefits systems. ·
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- High level ethics and integrity. ·
- Superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and effective presentation skills.