Title: Concept Artist
Location: Downtown, Vancouver
Duration: 6 month contract with strong potential for extension
IFG is on the search for a talented Concept Artist to support our client, a Global IT giant located in downtown Vancouver.
The Concept Artist is responsible for interpreting written and verbal direction into visual solutions. They will partner closely with the Art Director and the Concept Art team to generate a variety of thumbnail sketches, color studies and production ready visual targets. You should be an avid gamer and keep up to date with the latest shooter games and have a passion for the Science Fiction genre. The candidate must be able to execute concepts in a wide variety of styles that fit the product tone and to various degrees of detail that fit within the production timelines. The Concept Artist is also expected to liaison with Design to ensure the proposed ideas are meeting the game play requirements.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Concept Art Lead to translate written and verbal direction into visual solutions
- Partner closely with Design ensuring concepts are meeting game play expectations.
- Explore multiple solutions for a single problem.
- Over paint white box environments for model/texture artists.
- Generate orthographic drawings for model/texture artists.
- Work closely with Production to ensure tasks are tracked accurately.
- 3+ years’ experience in videogame production or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in environment, and lighting design.
- Deep understanding of colour, tone and lighting.
- Deep understanding of composition and visual storytelling.
- Can design for a wide variety of styles (photo-realistic, highly stylized, etc.)
- Highly collaborative individual who values feedback and direction
- Interested in pop culture and trend watching.
For consideration please send your resume in word format to Sydney@ifgpr.com with the subject “Concept Artist”