Title: Data Engineer
Duration: Contract, potential to convert to full-time
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client is looking for a passionate and talented Data Engineer who is comfortable working in a very fast paced environment. This is a fantastic opportunity that will provide you with new challenges and career growth.
If you are self motivated and highly analytical person, who is excited to be a part of a dynamic start up, then we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to design, build, and maintain the business’ ETL pipeline and data warehouse. The candidate will also demonstrate expertise in data modeling and query performance tuning on SQL Server, MySQL, Redshift, Postgres or similar platforms.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of demonstrated data engineering experience or development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data Technologies like Hadoop or Hive.
- 3+ years' experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Proficient designing and implementing data models and data integration.
- Experienced deploying Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory and well-acquainted with other Azure services including Azure Data Lake and Azure ML.
- Experience implementing REST API calls and authentication.
- Experienced working with agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of Azure, AWS, GCP and other cloud infrastructure
- Manage high volume, high traffic GDPR solutions build.
- SCALA a nice to have.
- ETL: 3 years of experience preferred.
- Software Development: 3 years of experience preferred.
- Data Integration: 3 years of experience preferred.
- Spark Programming (Azure Databricks preferable).
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java & SQL.
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud (Data Platform Technologies).
- SCALA would be an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resumes in MS Word format to Toronto.email@example.com today!