Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Downtown Toronto
The individual our client seeks is highly analytical, self motivated, curious and has a track record of quantitative and qualitative analysis. If this sounds like you please apply below!
Our technology client is past the boot strapping stage of a start up and continues to grow at an accelerated rate. The environment is fast paced and at times both structured and unstructured. This organization will provide you with the challenges you are looking for and the continued growth for learning you are looking for in your career. The office environment is fantastic and the client is all about social change. Our client seeks a passionate and talented Data Engineer who is comfortable working in a very fast paced environment.
- Help build, scale and maintain the data platform.
- Play a key role in data infrastructure, analytics projects, and systems design and development.
- Extract the data, transform the data and load the data into a database or data warehouse (ETL).
- Introduce new technologies to the environment through research and POCs.
- Ensure high quality standards are met (documentation is in place; quality checks are working and data in dashboards is updated according to data sources).
- Will assure standards to be followed by the data analysts & data scientists in terms of analytical data gathering and transformations.
- Delivering an enterprise data platform that will accelerate the delivery of business intelligence, machine learning and the ability to generate new insights.
- You will focus on integrations and data modelling, ETL along with the automation of data sets.
- BA/BS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Have a deep technical understanding, hands-on experience in distributed computing, big data, ETL, dimensional modeling, columnar databases and data visualization.
- Experience working with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Experience with data modelling techniques for modern data architectures.
- Hands-on implementation experience with cloud data platforms (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS).
- Soft skills: High performer, polished/high work ethic, smart learner, flexible, organized, has initiative/fast producer.
For consideration please email your resume to "Eileen@ifgpr.com" with "Data Engineer" in the subject line.