Title: Java Python Developer
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 6 month contract - Potential for extension
IFG is looking for a dynamic Java Python Developer to supporting our client, a global billion dollar tech giant in the downtown Vancouver area
The ideal candidate will be a go-getter who can work in a dynamic environment, handle ambiguity, and is able to prioritize and deliver with minimal oversight. You will have a strong customer empathy and excellent cross-group communication skills. You will be joining a team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
- Develop, test and validate apps integrated with Azure Active Directory.
- Understands cloud fundamentals for secure, performant and scalable online services well
- Consult and advise developers on a regular basis on identity design and security matters.
- Maintain and further develop apps that produce code and documentation.
- Identify solution patterns, gaps, whitespace, limits and adoption barriers and vigorously drive feedback into the engineering teams to fuel the continued evolution of Azure Active Directory.
- Keep the collaborative process running smoothly: Write self-documenting code, review Pull Requests on GitHub, and solicit feedback from designers and PMs.
- B.A in Computer Science, Mathematics and/or equivalent degree
- 2+ years of coding API applications and RESTFul services.
- Experience working with Cloud Computing will be a plus
- Experience with Java framework such as Spring Boot, Spring Integration and Hibernate
- Experience with GIT source control, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins and Flask.
- Experience as a backend developer and working on a RESTful API including OAuth
- Experience in integrating social networking platforms like Google and LinkedIn is a plus
- Software delivery experience including architecture and coding, ideally building Enterprise-grade cloud services on public/open source repositories
- Awareness of end to end SDLC phases like requirement analysis, design, development, testing, bug-fixing and deployment
- Excellent presentation and communication (both oral and written) skills will be a plus
- Knowledge of Markdown format and working on OSS like GitHub desirable.
- Understanding of Identity and Security or Active Directory and Azure Active Directory in general will be helpful
For consideration, please email your resume to Sydney@ifgpr.com with "Java Python Developer” in the subject line.