Our large Markham based client has an immediate opening for an Investment Analyst. The Investment Analyst will be part of a large Finance team. The key responsibility will be month-end and quarter-end analysis and reporting on investments. This role will provide excellent opportunity for career growth in this large organization.
- Synthesize, monitor, analyze and summarize investment reports, allowing Senior Management and the Leadership Team to make informed and relevant business decisions.
- Maintain and monitor the investment portfolio and cash flows.
- Run various reports and analyze investment statements to record journal entries (including management fee accruals) and ensure all investment information is captured accurately.
- Interact with external business partners, such as the investment managers, to ensure all investment information is complete and accurate.
- Perform detailed account reconciliations to ensure information is complete and all accounts balance.
- Create new information templates, tracking tools, databases and retrieval processes, to derive meaningful information for business decision-making purposes. Uses this information to recommend improvements
- Responsible for investment portfolio maintenance and uploading trades to Investment Systems
- University degree majoring in accounting/business
- Working towards CPA is an asset
- Knowledge of investment accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to focus on the details
- Strong interpersonal and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
If you are qualified for this Investment Analyst position, please submit your resume in confidence to Rae Tiwari CPA at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 647-479-0412.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-globa.com.