Position Title: Full Stack Python Developer
Location: Downtown Toronto
IFG is working on behalf of our client, a fast growing and dynamic company located in downtown Toronto. The company is a well-established technology company that is a leader in its segment. Our client is looking for a Full Stack Python Developer. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right individual looking to take their career to the next level.
You will support full-stack engineering efforts and lead the development of new products and features in the PDS Imaging Node suite of capabilities. You will be responsible for architecting, designing and building scalable, and innovative software. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of frontend and backend capabilities across diverse product lines and products;
- Support the adoption of modern development best practices;
- Support open source participation and enable meaningful contributions from diverse users globally;
- Enable large-scale application and data migrations to cloud infrastructure and leverage cloud-native enabling technologies.
- Experience with databases such as SQL/SQLAlchemy, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions, and commitments to customers.
- Proficient in distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as git/GitHub.
- Proficient with unit testing using Junit or similar technologies.
- Experience with building RESTful microservices.
- Experience with JMS enterprise messaging technologies such as ActiveMQ or ZeroMQ.
- Experience with static analysis (e.g., Semmle, Coverity, SonarQube) and remediation.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in software design, object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Familiar with infrastructure automation technologies (e.g., Ansible).
- Familiar with deployment and operations in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS).
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of modern 3rd party tools, frameworks and APIs to drive efficiency, performance and robustness to our software solutions.
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus.
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Experienced in a collaborative fast-paced agile development environment.
- Excellent communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with locational database systems such as Arc GIS.
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related discipline or equivalent
For consideration, please email your resume to Elieen@ifgpr.com with "Full Stack Developer" in the subject line