Our Top Chicago Workplace client is actively interviewing for their position. This has a direct path to Manager. In addition to overseeing the accounting of the organization, you will work cross functionally and assist in analyzing large sets of data.
- Prepare necessary journal entries for reconciling items within accounts and support month end process by ensuring timely resolution and clearing of open items..
- Responsible for the review of assigned monthly reconciliations and daily journal entries.
- Work collaboratively with various business partners.
- Provide analysis of the monthly expense accruals and financial statements.
- Responsible for supporting ancillary processes with third parties or third party systems including but not limited to completion of daily balancing and reconciliation/posting of data from separate systems.
- Supervise Accounting Operations staff providing back-up support to immediate team members.
- Manage the Accounts Payable process including supervising the completion of invoice processing by the Senior Accounting Clerk, and approving invoices for final Payment.
- Manage the expense reimbursement process which includes the monitoring of the Concur Audit.
- Supervise Accounting Operations staff to support audit activities of the regulators, internal and external auditors by providing schedules and answering questions.
- Manage the annual filing process of sales and use tax returns.
- Recommend and support implementation of process improvements.
- Serve as knowledge, technical and/or operational specialist within the team and across the organization.
- Enhance and improve functional processes and procedures.
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Master’s degree in Accountancy or MBA a plus
- Advanced skills in primary Microsoft software applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deal with heavy volume period with tight time parameters
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Highly effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to adhere to set deadlines and communicate with various levels of the organization
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org