The UI Designer is responsible for creative execution of concepts and designs for the consumer facing website. This UI Designer will execute designs to be visually compelling, on brand and intuitive to seamlessly enable the user to achieve their objective. The UI designer will work closely with the UX team, developers and IT to ensure the site delivers on the brand promise.
- Collaborate with creative director, UX team and developers to define and implement innovative solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to developers, including UI prototyping
- Demonstrates the ability to make suggestions pertaining to the identification of critical elements and alternatives to implement the most appropriate solution
- Perform design research and continually stay up-to-date on User Interface trends and best practices
- Works collaboratively with creative director, account executives, design peers, copywriters, ecommerce and marketing partners and other senior–level managers to support brand objectives.
- Develop UI style guides and best practices
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects. Adheres to all standards and SOPs, including file naming conventions, artwork release methods, appropriate electronic filing of artwork on server, etc.
- Ability to apply designs for all device screen sizes. Considers mobile, desktop and tablet user when making design decisions
- Applies broad knowledge of workflows, digital asset management, problem solving, designing and quality control to handle assigned accounts with minimal supervision
- Establishes priorities for assigned tasks and coordinates phases of work with others
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Experience, And Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Mac OS and other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Must have knowledge and experience working on ecommerce websites and demonstrate strong UI skills and portfolio.
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Must be very well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; with a working knowledge of Office applications: PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to provide creative concepts and understand a high-level of retail advertising.
- Positive, motivated, collaborative team player. Strong listening skills.
- Must have excellent prioritizing and organizational skills with great attention to detail
For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.