Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 1 year - potential for extension
Our client is seeking a Social Media Manager with a passion for gaming to be an outstanding representative of our clients gaming franchise with their fans. You will work with the Communications Team to execute on social media campaigns and engage directly with the community.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to strategize, write and create content for all social channels. You are a digital native that intuitively understands the language and behaviour of the connected gamer. You will need to be self-motivated, organized and able to adapt quickly to the ever-changing requirements of a live service title.
- Be a public-facing voice of the community, maintaining a consistent two-way dialogue between the players and the studio
- Execute social media strategies that ladder up to overall brand strategy
- Create, schedule and monitor social media posts
- Conduct active social listening to identify and leverage social media trends as well as curate community-created content to highlight on all owned social media channels
- Identify and engage with influencers to help elevate our brand and amplify points of view
- Work across game development, community, esports, content, and marketing teams to manage key social media priorities
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Support the creation of regular community reports on channel and content performance
- Execute established social media strategies, and participate in ongoing strategic development
- Follow a KPI driven approach to track, measure and analyze the performance of all social channels
- A you must be a passionate gamer!
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years managing social media channels and content for a major gaming (mobile or console), entertainment, or consumer brand
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a must (Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects)
- Familiarity with livestreaming platforms (Mixer, Twitch, Facebook, Youtube) a plus
- Experience with paid media strategy implementation a plus
For consideration, please email your resume to Sydney@ifgpr.com with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line.
Other opportunities can viewed at www.ifg-global.com