IFG's publicly traded, manufacturing client in the western suburbs is looking to add a difference maker, as their IT Audit Manager. The company's mission is to create value by delivering high-performing and innovative solutions that solve its customers’ challenges. The company has over 1,500 employees globally and doubled in size over the past two years!
This opportunity will offer a competitive compensation structure and a benefit suite that is sure to impress that includes: tremendous 401K match, ample paid time off, employee discounted stock purchase plan, onsite gym, etc.
• Assist in the development of the annual internal audit plan including involvement in the risk assessment process.
• Supervises audit staff throughout engagements to ensure efficient and effective use of audit resources. Manages the audit plan schedule, evaluating and communicating changes to the Internal Audit Director in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance in the development and adoption of SOX best practices and training to internal controls owners
• Work with business control owners and operators to ensure quality, consistency and operability of new and existing controls.
• Provide value-added services to the organization by identifying and communicating best practices focused on increasing shareholder value, working with the business to assess feasibility and cost-effectiveness
• Identify any gaps in internal controls, establish process to communicate gaps to relevant parties and track remediation to closure.
• Communicates engagement results to provide stakeholders adequate awareness of the state of governance, risk management, and control processes. Presents identified issues, recommended actions, and opportunities for improvement.
• Act as audit liaison and relationship manager with platform-level business unit management teams; sustain positive and continuous relationships with all levels of management and demonstrate strong knowledge of business operations
• Apply a collaborative orientation to working with the business units and functions, seeking to inform, assist and enable businesses to improve their control environment
• Coordinates with external auditors on the results of the external audits of the company’s processes, controls, systems, or reports. Facilitates the request and collection of relevant information. Organizes meetings between external parties and members of management. Councils management on requirements and requests of external parties. Supports the communication of results and any needed corrective action.
• Conduct or supervise audits and/or special reviews of controls and procedures over the company’s processes and controls in accordance with risk-based audit plan for design and effectiveness of internal controls
• Apply current developments in accounting, technology, auditing, tools and techniques, and risk assessment to achieve audit efficiency and continuous improvement
• Demonstrate leadership characteristics (i.e., diplomacy, decisiveness, assertiveness, collaborative and inclusive management style)
• Assist in the presentation of periodic communication of audit plans, activities and results to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors through written reports and formal presentations
• Assist merger and acquisition efforts through due diligence support and post-closing integration process
• Demonstrate ethics, integrity, and confidentiality—adhering to a core set of values consistent with companys vision and values
• Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices are always considered
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• 4-year undergraduate degree in relevant field (Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics)
• Minimum of 6+ years of experience in public accounting firm or comparable business experience (Public and Internal Audit mix is a plus)
• Possess a professional certification (i.e. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA) or express willingness to obtain a certification during a specified period of time
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, CobiT, COSO 2013 Framework
• Prior experience in operational IT audits is highly preferred
• An ability to think critically, prioritize efforts using a risk-based approach, and drive positive change
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Compliance orientation coupled with business enablement mindset
• Proven history of being resourceful, self-motivating, ability to operate with limited direction in a changing environment
• Ability to travel on a moderate basis (up to 20%), including internationally
Interested candidates please email your resume to email@example.com