Title: Environment Artist
Contract: 6 months, with potential for extension
IFG is on the search for a Environment Artist with experience managing External Partners to support a client; a global IT giant in their gaming division.
In this position, you will work with a team of highly experienced artists to model and texture environments from supplied concept art. You will also be expected to partner with the Lead to help re-enforce our quality bar and guide external teams of Artists to bring the Lead’s vision to reality.
- Contribute to the creation of environment art.
- Actively accept feedback from the environment art lead and art director.
- Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated and works well in collaborative environment.
- Working with the Producer to help remove roadblocks with External Partners
- Ensure that our clients External Partners have the materials and documentation required to complete their work to the expected quality
- Train External Partners and internal stakeholders on pipelines and processes used in External Development.
- Work with the External Partners to ensure that the work assigned to them is completed on time, on budget, and to the expected quality bar.
- Ensure that tasks assigned to our external Partners in project management tools are up-to-date and are populated with the required information (e.g. overages, submission notes)
- Be proactive in recognizing and resolving blockers relating to External Partner issues
- Promptly review work submitted by External Partners, ensuring that it hits the quality standards set by our Art and Technical Directors and Leads.
- Maintain regular communication and healthy relationships with External Partners. This may include being available outside of normal working hours to cover different time zones.
- Assist where required in Due Diligence and Onboarding of new External Partners, as well as Offboarding partners from our projects.
- Assist in advising and coordinating others on the team with complex problems and training relating to External Development.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent.
- Must also have 1-3+ years’ experience in working with external teams.
- This role may require domestic or international travel 3-4 times per year typically for 1-week durations per trip. Applicant must be willing to travel.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Good awareness for real time graphics issues.
- Ability to model, sculpt and texture a wide range of environments.
- Strong understanding of the high poly to low poly workflow.
- Strong experience with Maya or other 3D software packages, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- Unreal, Frostbite or Unity experience a strong asset.
- Familiarity with managing projects using project management tools (I.e. Jira, Confluence, Excel, etc.)
- Must work well with deadlines and be self-motivated and directed.
For consideration, please email your resume to Jennifer@ifgpr.com with “Environment Artist” in the subject line.