The Tax Accountant is accountable to understand tax regulations and requirements which vary between States, Provinces, and Countries in order to file sales tax returns.
The Tax Accountant will analyze and assess equipment type, value, lease term, and other variables to ensure the best interests of the Bank and the Customer are considered, developing relationships internally and externally to minimize tax liability and ensure the customer is invoiced as per signed lease agreements.
The Tax Accountant will prepare sales tax return filings in respect of taxes invoiced on lease payments, ensuring that correct rates are used based on state/province/country requirements and that funds are remitted to the correct jurisdiction.
The Tax Accountant will work with Finance supplying the information needed to file State and Federal IRS (US) and Provincial and Federal CRA (Canada) tax returns as required.
This role is accountable to assist in required audits and will support the effective management of all types of risk.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
•Minimum 3 years sales tax within the banking industry experience
• In-depth Accounting knowledge with an emphasis on bank accounting.
• US and Canadian tax knowledge and experience with an emphasis on taxation of lease products.
• Well-formed ability to read and interpret tax law.
• Extensive knowledge of the property and State tax requirements/regulations across the USA
• Extensive knowledge of the property and Provincial tax requirement/regulations across Canada (going forward)
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
Accountable to manage daily cash application for a variety of booking location
• Initiative to be a self-starter
• Strong attention to detail
• High energy level
• Personal commitment to excellence.
• Collage Degree (preferred)**
• High school Diploma
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: please send updated resume [word.doc format] to email@example.com