Seeking a team-oriented, detail-oriented Accountant to perform various accounting and reporting activities in support of the Assistant Controller to include processing full-cycle accounts payable, posting cash receipts, preparing reconciliations, performing other general bookkeeping, and preparing monthly financial and quarterly investor reports.
Responsibilities of the Accountant
- Process full-cycle accounts payable transactions.
- Apply cash receipts to proper accounts receivable open balances.
- Prepare month end balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations which may include but not limited to various bank accounts, prepaid expenses, accruals and other asset and liability accounts.
- Document, prepare and submit required journal entries to management for review and approval prior to posting.
- Assist in completing various state tax return filings including sales and use and property tax.
- Support monthly financial close process.
- Analyze specific expense accounts monthly. Perform comparison to budget and variance analysis providing commentary of unusual trends to management.
- Prepare schedules and reports requested by external and bank auditors
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements of the Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Some prior accounting experience preferred.
- Comfortable using windows-based accounting software and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adheres to strict deadlines.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.