Seeking a multi-tasking Senior Internal Auditor with solid judgement to assess risks and controls of various business processes using a risk-based audit methodology. The Senior Internal Auditor will work with business leaders, including senior management, through the performance of audits, special projects, and continuous monitoring activities. The scope of responsibility will include planning, fieldwork, and reporting; continuous monitoring of activities; assisting on major projects or initiatives; and developing relationships with business leaders. Core responsibilities include:
- Performing all aspects of internal audits (financial, operational, compliance and fraud).
- Identifying and clearly communicating audit requirements to key stakeholders.
- Understanding how key risks and controls impact the business.
- Ensuring test work performed and conclusions reached are adequately documented.
- Recognizing and proactively communicating potential risks and issues.
- Making recommendations for risk mitigation and audit strategies based on accurate identification of potential market, business, financial, operational, IT and human capital risks.
- Building and cultivating strong personal relationships with peers and audit area personnel.
- Applying an understanding of company short-term and long-term strategic objectives and related risks.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of relevant, progressive experience in auditing. Prior experience in banking and/or financial services.
- Certification(s) are a plus (CPA, CIA or CISA).
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and project management skills. Strong business acumen, decision-making, analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Visio a plus.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.