Seeking a team-oriented Junior Accountant with a “can do” attitude and demonstrated desire to further develop core accounting skills while providing support other general ledger accountants with various tasks including month-end close, internal audit procedures, basic financial reporting and analysis, and tax research. The Junior Accountant may perform certain administrative tasks and participate in various accounting projects including audits and special assignments.
Responsibilities of the Junior Accountant
- Perform expense report and credit card transaction audits to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Perform timesheet matching, scanning, and entering of hours into system.
- Review payroll related transactions and prepare required routine accruals and journal entries.
- Assist in preparing monthly commission calculations.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions when needed.
- Complete license and permit applications when requested.
- Assist in completing various state tax return filings including sales and use, personal property, excise and gross receipts tax. Perform research on tax notices.
- Reconcile bank accounts using bank reports and general ledger detail, as well as other balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with various tasks supporting the month-end close and financial reporting process.
- Prepare schedules and reports to assist external auditors.
Requirements of the Junior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 1 year of prior accounting experience.
- Comfortable using windows-based accounting software, and user of advanced Excel functions (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables).
- Proactive approach to providing support and seeking ways to help others on the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.