Seeking a team-oriented, multi-tasking, self-directed, and collaborative Accountant/Senior Accountant to provide a wide range of financial accounting and reporting support including, month end closing, reconciliations, analysis of prepaids and accruals, analysis of financial results, comparison of actual results to budget, calculation of monthly commissions, and filing various state tax returns (state income, sales & use, property tax, gross receipts tax).
Responsibilities of the Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Support monthly financial close process.
- Prepare month end balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations which may include but not limited to various bank accounts, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and other asset and liability accounts. Document and post journal entries as required for asset, liability and income statement accounts.
- Analyze monthly operating results, comparing actuals to budget, performing variance analysis, and providing commentary to management.
- Provide financial reports and schedules as requested by management and operations.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly commission calculation.
- Complete various state tax return filings including sales and use, personal property, excise and gross receipts tax. Assist in researching and resolving tax notices.
- Provide accounting support for acquisitions.
- Prepare schedules and reports requested by external and bank auditors
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements of the Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years of prior accounting experience
- Comfortable using windows-based accounting software, and user of advanced Excel functions (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adheres to strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.