Seeking a team-oriented, organized, and accurate Project Billing Specialist to perform custom billing and billing support for an assigned portfolio of customers. The problem-solving Project Billing Specialist may also monitor outstanding accounts receivable balances and participate in collection efforts as needed.
Responsibilities of the Project Billing Specialist
- Develop expertise in specific billing and invoicing requirements for assigned customer portfolio.
- Collaborate with Operations to gain a full understanding of contractual matters and specific invoicing requirements for each customer and/or project. Review contract terms and ensure customer and/or project billing is setup properly.
- Work with Project Manager and/or Operations to finalize invoices for customer submittal.
- Issue invoices to customers on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis. When required, upload and/or enter invoicing details into customer invoicing web sites/portals.
- Prepare spend reporting and ad hoc reports according to customer requirements and requests.
- Ensure that submitted information is accurate and in compliance with company accounting standards and government requirements
- Investigate and resolve billing issues to ensure customers and/or jobs are billed within the appropriate time.
- Monitor accounts receivable balances and participate in collections efforts as needed.
- Assess current billing operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
Requirements of the Project Billing Specialist
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least 3 years of high-volume customer billing and accounts receivable experience.
- Ability to prioritize competing work demands and deliver resolutions to issues and challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Billing and Accounting software.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.