Title: Assistant Buyer
Contract: ASAP to June 30th 2020th with strong possibility of extension
IFG is on the search for an Assistant Buyer to support a client in Mississauga; a global IT giant on their retail team
The mission of our clients Retail Stores is to profitably showcase technology and illuminate their innovation story, by transforming the buying and ownership experience for devices, software and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A successful Assistant Buyer will be responsible for helping the category buyer to build and grow business for the Stores. This includes helping to drive the assortment, promotions and relationships necessary to build upon our existing merchandising strategy for both the brick-and-mortar and online Store efforts.
As our clients expands their store base and continues to improve their experiences online, an effective multi-channel business strategy is pivotal to our success. Effectively assorting the right products for the stores means striking a fine balance between establishing a unique and innovative selection to drive interest and traffic and a selection of product that will drive meaningful increases in revenues and affinity for the stores.
- Assist Category Buyer with product assortment for Stores (B&M and online)
- Comp shopping
- Item set up
- Promo set up
- Run and maintain a variety of reports to help analyze the business
- Maintain category promotion calendar (rolling 12 months)
- Participate in supplier calls and meetings to help run the business
- Help merch Store 0 to establish future store sets
- Track and monitor technology blogs to ensure we are staying ahead of the curve on products and trends
Success in this role will be measured by:
- Category sales/ revenue growth
- Increasing profitability of category - Managing P&L
- Customer satisfaction with merchandise selection
- Consistent visibility to pricing in market
- Accuracy of item and promotional set ups
- Timely assortment of innovative product
- Best in class Assortment
- Build and maintain strategic OEM relationships
An Assistant Buyer needs to possess a solid track record of effort, results and a passion for technology. We’re looking someone who loves finding the latest and greatest new technology products and has an interest and desire to learn how to be a merchant.
- Demonstrated track record of driving results with integrity
- Principled and transparent approach to decision making and communications
- Keen knowledge and ability to effectively analyze and apply findings about industry dynamics
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Passionate interest in technology and products
- College Degree or 2+ Years of Store Experience preferred
For consideration, please email your resume to Jennifer@ifgpr.com with “Assistant Buyer” in the subject line.