Our client, a private company located in downtown Calgary is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team on a 6-month contract to assist with year-end processes. The successful candidate will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for financial reporting and hands-on accounting.
As the Senior Accountant:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and quarterly note disclosures and MD&A
- Perform period close procedures including journal entries, working papers, and reconciliations
- Lead budget process including performing periodic budget variance analyses
The successful Senior Accountant will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in full-cycle accounting
- Intermediate Excel skills including advanced formulas, V-Lookups, and pivot tables
- Strong communication skills
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit a MS Word copy of your resume in confidence to Twila Pointon at email@example.com with the subject "Senior Accountant".
For all other opportunities, please refer to ifg-global.com