Company: Media and Marketing Company
Position: Corporate Accountant
Location: Downtown Chicago (Loop)
Interviews: Beginning week of November 11
We’re looking for an experienced Accountant who will report directly into the Controller. Serving as an integral member of our accounting function, you will participate in the month-end close process, ensure financial statement accuracy, and maintain strong internal controls. You will also provide value through financial analysis and partner with Senior Management to make critical business decisions.
The ways you will make an impact:
- Lead the month-end close process by completing analysis and preparing journal entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review new vendor set-up forms and W9 TIN match, maintain W9 Forms and prepare year-end 1099 reporting.
- Perform in-depth variance analysis of profit center activity for operating expenses. Partner with cost center managers to ensure understanding of variances to plan, forecast and prior year.
- Prepare and consolidate financial reporting and analysis for both P&L and balance sheet, and present to Senior Management.
- Perform daily cash application, update daily cash report, track and complete monthly investment entries and prepare the cash forecast.
- Complete various schedules for management reporting.
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation as well as other ad hoc projects.
Experience you should bring:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong accounting skills and working knowledge of GAAP and SOX.
Who you are:
- Obsessed with accuracy. You see how your work guides the business and take pride in precision.
- Never asked to do anything twice – let alone once. You’re reliable, you anticipate needs and take initiative.
- Tenacious and eager to add even more value. You step up and raise the bar.
- A well-oiled machine who is amazingly efficient and buttoned-up.
- An analytical thinker and problem-solver who presents financial insights with conviction.
- A confident, articulate communicator who collaborates and thrives in a team environment.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.