Our client, a Fortune 500 company located in the north suburbs, is looking for a Procurement Specialist Consultant for a 12+ months project. This role will be responsible for supporting Strategic Sourcing Managers as they use SAP Ariba to execute sourcing events and manage contract documents. This consultant will report into the Global Brands Sourcing team lead to help drive operational improvement in the sourcing and global brands operations functions.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
Skills Required For Role:
- Bachelor degree in finance or a related business field required
- 8+ years finance related experience required
- CPMS/CPPM/CPP preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Modules
- Proven ability to work with a variety of different stakeholder groups
- Strong communication skills
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.