Job Title: FP&A Manager (Operations Finance)
Company Location: Schaumburg, IL
Industry: Technology (publicly-traded middle market company)
Salary Range: $115,000 - $125,000 base salary + bonus
Highlights from Hiring Manager:
- FP&A Manager in Operational Finance
- 3 Direct Reports (2 operational financial analysts; 1 financial analyst); 3 years of supervisory experience as a Manager
- Candidate attributes: High Potential; High Visibility (Director promotion track in 3 – 5 years); Executive Presence
- Industry experience: Technology (preferred); Public Accounting (Big 4 ideal); Public company experience (preferred)
- Company size and growth phase: Middle market (strongly preferred); High-growth (strongly preferred)
- Work experience: Operational finance; sleeves-up technical leader; takes ownership of assigned areas; works well in unstructured environment with limited oversight; takes initiative and recommends process improvements and upgrades
- Software experience: NetSuite (preferred not required); Great Plains (nice to have)
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
This high profile position will manage a team of analysts that is responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and analysis for the Operations group (Client Service, Implementation and other key teams). The FP&A Manager works directly with the Director of FP&A to develop and execute strategic financial goals, which are then utilized to create the annual budget and subsequent monthly forecasts. The FP&A Manager will act as a key business partner to the Operations leadership team, with responsibilities including labor / demand planning, cost tracking, modeling the impact of future growth initiatives and other ad hoc projects. The FP&A Manager will also work directly with the Accounting group to analyze monthly variances, review actual results and assist with Sarbanes-Oxley required controls. Results versus plan are communicated to management through monthly and quarterly slide decks with action plans developed and monitored to take corrective actions where necessary. The position will have direct communication with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the CFO. The FP&A Manager will develop and maintain long-term models related to the P&L, Statement of Cash Flows and Balance Sheet. This role also requires the ability to multi-task and to develop strong working relationships with individuals across the organization. The FP&A Manager is also tasked with developing and hiring staff as necessary.
40% - Develop the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, maintain financial projections
30% - Analysis of trends and impact on future results, further expand analysis and best practices
20% - Analytics and special projects
10% - Communication of results and projections
- 3 years of FP&A experience as a Manager (required)
- 7-10 years in a similar role; preferably in a high growth public company environment (technology sector preferred)
- Big 4 auditing or consulting experience (strongly preferred)
- CPA (strongly preferred) and/or MBA (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- Familiarity with developing/maintaining operations headcount labor models
- Experience working with C-suite executives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop planning calendars and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others, including non-Finance personnel
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Experience with Great Plains/NetSuite accounting system a plus!
Other Information / Candidate Attributes:
- Successful candidates in this role are inquisitive by nature and work to investigate and continuously learn about company practices and the competitive environment. They are forward looking and can quickly understand the important business drivers and information to help the Company be successful.
- Candidates also are careful and precise in their calculations in order that forecasts and any analysis are highly accurate and complete. At the same time, they can convey financial concepts and activity to non-financial personnel in an effective manner. Lastly, they are task and deadline-oriented and do what it takes to meet timelines and deliverables.
- The most important task is to be able to develop sound accurate financial forecasts for the company’s financial results with a high degree of accuracy as well as to correctly identify business drivers and challenges so that the organization can head in the right direction.
For immediate consideration, email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.