IFG's downtown, multi-billion dollar client is hiring a professional to join its accounting team at its corporate headquarters in downtown Chicago. This is will be fun, challenging work while still enabling work/life flexibility.
• Leading the Company’s consolidation process, including elimination entries and execution of internal controls.
• Overseeing the monthly general ledger activities of certain corporate functions/accounts.
• Assisting in the Company’s evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
• Participating in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence and purchase accounting.
• Serving as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
• Assisting with the external reporting process, including the 10-Q/10-K preparation and execution of related internal controls.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA is required.
• 10+ years of accounting experience with particular focus on consolidation processes.
• Ideal candidate will have relevant industry experience in insurance/financial services.
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle Financials, Workday and Blackline is considered highly attractive.
• Strong knowledge of accounting practices, particularly those frequently utilized in the consolidation of financial statements.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org