Seeking a hand-on, well-rounded, accurate Senior Accountant to support the general accounting, financial reporting and analysis functions of the organization. The Senior Accountant will oversee and coordinate organizational accounting functions and all activities related to accounting services provided to internal and external customers, and is expected to provide functional, technical, and process leadership insights.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Ensures daily accounting operations for accounts payable and accounts receivable are efficient and effective.
- Maintains the fixed asset system including recording additions, disposals, depreciation, and any modifications to asset locations.
- Prepares and files Property Tax and PA Sales & Use Tax returns.
- Tracks asset and inventory movement. Takes a lead role in recording and allocating costs across departments, product lines, and locations.
- Performs analysis of month-end revenue accruals and deferrals.
- Monitors monthly closing processes to prevent errors. Prepares monthly general ledger reconciliations and prepares and/or reviews monthly journal entries.
- Prepares internal and external financial statements and various monthly reporting and reconciliation reports.
- Assists in the analysis and review of the organization's financial performance by collecting, analyzing, and reporting financial and statistical data.
- Challenges and offers improvement to the internal control environment.
- Coordinates annual audit process.
- Assists with accounting software implementations.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimally 4 years of accounting experience. Prior public accounting experience a plus.
- CPA designation a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and other business and accounting software.
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Adapts well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.