Seeking a highly analytical, collaborative, self-directed, and business-savvy Senior Cost Analyst to manage the cost accounting function of a high-tech manufacturer. The Senior Cost Analyst will perform financial and cost accounting, inventory management and control, data/financial analysis of cost and related variances, and play a key role in the annual budgeting and monthly/quarterly forecast process.
Responsibilities of the Senior Cost Analyst
- Ensures all accounting processing deadlines are achieved.
- Performs financial accounting activities in accordance with GAAP and ensures financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Ensures costs are properly recorded and allocated correctly. Prepares monthly reporting and analysis of trends, costs, revenues, and general financial data for use by Senior Management.
- Works with IT department to manage and improve MRP and accounting system performance. Recommends system and or process changes as necessary.
- Performs inventory accounting, including both raw materials and multi-layered finished goods.
- Manages and controls rental inventory and related accounting, including, but not limited to rental pool depreciation calculation and asset valuation.
- Reconciles all inventory accounts as necessary to facilitate accounting close processes.
- Assists in inventory adjustments, year-end physical inventory and valuations, year-end audit, and acts as working interface with parent company.
- Performs year-end cost roll.
- Interacts effectively with departments outside of Finance
- Performs other duties as directed by Management.
Requirements of the Senior Cost Analyst
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 6 years of relevant financial and cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with many types of confidential data with discretion and professionalism.
- Proficient with Accounting software (Epicor preferred) and a user of advanced Excel functions.
- Systems implementation experience with an MRP system.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.