Job Title: Senior Accountant – Revenue
- This is not a General Ledger accounting position.
- This is an analytical and technical accounting role with high visibility to senior management.
Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
Industry: Service Industry
- Under minimal supervision, performs more complex general accounting work in Revenue Recognition areas
- Plans, conducts, and may supervise complex assignments in periodic Revenue Recognition testing under ASC 606 Revenue Recognition Standard
- Review current revenue recognition processes/procedures, and implement process improvements
- Assists in the design, execution and evaluation of revenue recognition controls and interface with both internal and external auditors
- Collaborates with functions across the Company to work on process changes that will mitigate revenue recognition risks and enhance internal controls. This includes liaising with Sales and Division Finance where needed and ensuring the Revenue Accounting implications are fully understood and communicated
- Communicates with management regarding complex issues of Revenue Recognition. Explains and interprets policies, procedures, and practices. Recommends solutions to a variety of issues
- Assists in the development of new or revised policies, procedures, and programs by performing research and analysis and developing and presenting recommendations
- Stays abreast of current trends and practices of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- May provide work direction to assigned lower level personnel and assist in the review and evaluation of assigned personnel
- 4 - 6 years of directly related accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge of accounting theories and practices
- Strong knowledge of ASC 606
- CPA and public accounting experience (preferred)
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Advanced analytical skills
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.