Looking for a self-directed financial planning and analysis professional for a newly created Budgeting & Forecasting Analyst position. The Budgeting & Forecasting Analyst will prepare operating budgets for departments, units, and entities based on actual performance, previous budgets, estimated revenue, and strategic plan; review department, unit and entity spending to ensure budget conformance; provide variance analysis of operating metrics, revenues, and expenses; and be highly involved in implementing, managing, and monitoring new budgetary control systems. Interested candidates should possess at least 6 years’ progressive experience with at least 3 years’ years financial planning, budget, forecasting, analysis experience; be an advanced user of Excel and possess proficient database management skills.
Responsibilities of the Budgeting & Forecasting Analyst
- Developing, coordinating, and analyzing departmental, unit and entity budgets through a very collaborative process with respective management.
- Performing consolidation and analysis of budgets for overall presentation to senior management.
- Performing variance analysis of departmental, unit and entity expenditures, and proposing recommendations to management regarding spending patterns to remain within budget in a way consistent with established standards.
- Summarizing financial information for the monthly financial reporting package including actual and projected results and developing financial presentations for senior management. Continuously evaluates and makes enhancements to reporting package on an ongoing basis.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis reporting to management on an as-needed basis, such as identifying spending trends, analyzing variances or for other purposes as requested.
Requirements of the Budgeting & Forecasting Analyst
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- At least 6 years’ progressive experience with at least 3 years’ years financial planning, budget, forecasting, analysis experience.
- Advanced user of Excel and possess proficient database management skills.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.