Seeking an action-oriented, self-directed Controller who will lead the accounting operations of a manufacturing company; spearhead continuous improvement of financial and managerial accounting processes, including financial reporting and general accounting processes (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll); support and perform analysis for the financial and operational departments of the company; and manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency. The Controller will interface regularly with the senior leadership team as well as a wide range of functional area managers; possess a service-oriented mindset; be highly effective in fostering a team environment, motivating and inspiring others; and possess a track record of getting things done on-time and within budget.
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Manages the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities in Accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash, inventory management, fixed assets, and costing.
- Works cross-functionally to enhance existing reporting capabilities and shorten the time required to prepare financial reports and related schedules.
- Maintains the integrity of accounting records and reports in accordance with GAAP. Monitors accounting developments and their applicability to the company (FASB, SEC, PCAOB, IAS); advises the business on accounting, compliance and control gaps and work with them to find sustainable solutions.
- Understands, monitors, and utilizes all aspects of ERP system to maintain the integrity of inventory quantities and costs to produce reliable monthly financial statements.
- Administers the pension and 401k plans including the filing of the 5500 for these plans.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts, by collecting, critically analyzing, and consolidating financial data in conjunction with a deep understanding of historical financial information and performance.
- Calculates and issues financial and operating metrics.
- Performs analysis of revenue and operating expenses, identifying, analyzing, and explaining discrepancies and variances. Proactively communicates opportunities, threats, and potential corrective actions to management.
- Performs financial analysis as needed for pricing decisions, contract negotiations, etc.
- Develops and maintains documented policies and procedures for all accounting operations. Exercises prudent judgment related to establishing, monitoring, and enforcing financial policies and procedures especially in extending and monitoring trade credit to customers and exposure to obsolete inventory that is specifically made for customers.
- Protects all assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares special reports, as necessary, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains a highly skilled financial staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising their performance.
- Coordinates and serves as a primary point of contact for outside audit firm, bankers, actuaries, and other third parties.
Requirements of the Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 8 years of accounting experience. Prefer a background in public accounting combined with at least 4 years of manufacturing experience. Deep understanding of GAAP, cost accounting, standard costing, and internal controls.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly preferred.
- Possesses strong ERP system experience, ADP Payroll, and excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint experience.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.