Title: User Experience Designer
Location: Waterloo, ON
Duration: 1 year contract
IFG is seeking a seasoned, talented Senior UX Lead to join our client’s User Experience team as they develop major large-scale web experiences.
You will guide a team of UX/UI specialists as they move through research and design tasks, and collaborate with a larger cross-functional team to deliver a highly effective, innovative, well-crafted and evidence-based digital solutions.
You will be accountable for synthesizing business requirements, research and design principles into an elegant interface, ensuring the delivery of different deliverables of the project as it progresses. You will identify and solve problems; lead the creation of exceptionally high-calibre UX and UI work; explore different design directions and articulate for the user in each solution; and present to a wide range of project team members and stakeholders.
- Responsible for defining, articulating and ensuring consistency with the UX vision for the project
- Consult with stakeholders to shape a UX strategy that delivers business value and user satisfaction
- Oversee research activity using a range of methodology; ensure the integrity of the resulting analysis and derive insights
- Manage the team, providing direction, feedback, coaching and oversight while maintaining the weekly execution of UX artefacts and providing updates to the broader project team
- Foster an inclusive climate of collaboration and innovation
- Contribute to estimation, project planning and execution
- Ensuring smooth end-to-end coordination and supervision between team members and external teams
- Personally and directly involved in execution of complex design work, including:
o Leading ideation, sketching, and prototyping activities
o Responsible for developing the information architecture, interaction design, task flows and navigation design
o Create user test plans and synthesize research findings into actionable insights
o Coaching the team in how to deliver inspiring designs by participating in design critiques
o Overseeing the output from team members to ensure a consistently exceptional calibre of work
- Contributing to the evolution and management of the Canadian Design System
- Determining UX success metrics & KPIs
- Scoping, estimating and planning the delivery of UX activities, in both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Designing and facilitating workshops with senior-level internal clients
- 10+ years of professional experience working on complex web experiences (B2B, financial and transactional), with medium to large-sized teams, preferably in an enterprise environment or digital agency
- Must be highly proficient in UXR, UXD, usability and accessibility, as well as working on very large and complex websites
- 2+ years team management experience, with testimonials or performance reviews demonstrating your leadership aptitude
- Well-versed in Agile project methodology
- Proven track record of UX leadership on multiple tracks of work on large projects ($5M+)
- Preferably: previous experience in creating digital web applications for the financial industry; digital agency experience
For consideration, please email your resume to Mashail@ifgpr.com with "User Experience Designer " in the subject line.