Our downtown Chicago client is looking for a Treasury Manager to join our Finance team, which is focused on innovation, automation and process improvements. As a Treasury Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of daily treasury functions, including the management of global cash, banking relationships, credit lines, investments and other bank loans.
- Direct the global cash management function, including cash flow forecasting and analysis and the administration of all bank accounts.
- Anticipate global borrowing needs and available funds and ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operations and capital investments.
- Manage investment of excess cash in accordance with the company’s Investment Policy.
- Collaborate with regional controllers on maintenance of intercompany loans and ensure sufficient funds for working capital and investment of excess cash.
- Identify process improvements to automate functions and increase internal controls.
- Maintain external relationships with financial institutions and 3rd party service providers.
- Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycle, as needed.
- Review monthly interest income/expense and accruals, including journal entries and accruals.
- Manage the periodic debt compliance requirements.
- Understand and manage proper procedures and processes for month-end close and yearly close activity and support year end audit.
- Assist in meeting policies and regulatory requirements, such as Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR).
- Ensure proper controls are in place and operating for day-to-day activities.
- Model financing alternatives, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA, MBA, or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Certified Cash Manager (CCM) is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant treasury/cash management experience, including global experience.
- Extensive knowledge of treasury operations, capital markets, finance and debt management for a global company.
- Critical thinking skills, business acumen and sound judgement.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail, and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent documentation skills to be used in developing audit work papers and completing SOX reviews.
- Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).